“While the earth remaineth, seedtime and harvest, and cold and heat, and summer and winter, and day and night shall not cease.”
- There is so much we can learn about life if we just understand seasons.
- Natural seasons have a parallel to our lives.
- Man was pulled from the dust of the earth.
Two main points:
1. Recognize the season you’re in.
2. Understand the season you’re in.
- There is more to the process of sowing and reaping than just the growing and planting season.
- The seed determines its increase by the soil it’s going into.
- There will be times when we are lying dormant, but God is preparing the Harvest.
- God does not alienate Himself from any season of life.
- God is real in every season!
- The dormant season is as much a chapter in your book as any part of life.
“To every thing there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven:”
- Sometimes the “no” may be just for this season.
- If that “thing” has a purpose in your life, then there is a time for it.
- You cannot separate something’s season from its purpose.
- Success is based on my ability to adapt to the season I am in. Successful people know how to adapt.
- The season will come and the season will go.
- Don’t be the person who runs from every hard season.
- Every season is vital and important and God is in the midst of it all.
“A time to be born, and a time to die; a time to plant, and a time to pluck up that which is planted; A time to kill, and a time to heal; a time to break down, and a time to build up; A time to weep, and a time to laugh; a time to mourn, and a time to dance; A time to cast away stones, and a time to gather stones together; a time to embrace, and a time to refrain from embracing; A time to get, and a time to lose; a time to keep, and a time to cast away; A time to rend, and a time to sew; a time to keep silence, and a time to speak; A time to love, and a time to hate; a time of war, and a time of peace.”
- I cannot inject my season on you.
- To every thing there is a season. We all have different seasons and we must respect them.
- We must learn how to recognize what season we are in. You can’t be rewarded from a thing you don’t recognize.
- What I don’t recognize can’t help me.
- You don’t celebrate seasons you don’t recognize.
“Whoso keepeth the commandment shall feel no evil thing: and a wise man’s heart discerneth both time and judgment.”
- God in His Word called His people to celebrate seasons.
- Judgement = Recognition.
- There are consequences (positive AND negative) for all seasons.
- A wise man recognizes time, the season that he is in, and respects the season of other people.
- A wise man recognizes the seasons and knows how to respond to them.
Until we learn how to live by the Word, we will not walk in its benefits.
“When I remember these things, I pour out my soul in me: for I had gone with the multitude, I went with them to the house of God, with the voice of joy and praise, with a multitude that kept holyday.”
- “Holyday” = Holiday.
- Seven different feasts were celebrated (representing a time and season).
- I can’t keep “holyday” if I don’t recognize them.
- I must be able to see the season I am in.
- You can’t jump out of your season just because you saw someone in another one.
- It’s important to surround yourself with wise people that are walking the same season of life as we are in.
“So teach us to number our days, that we may apply our hearts unto wisdom.”
- Ecclesiastes 8:5.
- A wise man not only recognizes his season, but is okay with it.
- When you know where you, you can live with what God has given you.
- If we are not careful, other people will try to get us out of our season.
- We number our days (know our season) to apply wisdom.
- We can’t apply wisdom to a season we don’t recognize.
“The days of our years are threescore years and ten; and if by reason of strength they be fourscore years, yet is their strength labour and sorrow; for it is soon cut off, and we fly away.”
- Since you aren’t going to live forever, you might as well LIVE while you’re living.
- How do I apply wisdom to where I am in life right now?
“From that time forth began Jesus to shew unto his disciples, how that he must go unto Jerusalem, and suffer many things of the elders and chief priests and scribes, and be killed, and be raised again the third day. Then Peter took him, and began to rebuke him, saying, Be it far from thee, Lord: this shall not be unto thee. But he turned, and said unto Peter, Get thee behind me, Satan: thou art an offence unto me: for thou savourest not the things that be of God, but those that be of men. Then said Jesus unto his disciples, If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow me. For whosoever will save his life shall lose it: and whosoever will lose his life for my sake shall find it. For what is a man profited, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul? or what shall a man give in exchange for his soul? For the Son of man shall come in the glory of his Father with his angels; and then he shall reward every man according to his works. Verily I say unto you, There be some standing here, which shall not taste of death, till they see the Son of man coming in his kingdom.”
- Peter did not recognize Jesus’ season.
- Peter was trying to get Jesus to go a way that God did not have planned.
- We must be steadfast in our season so people can’t get us out of it.